COBB Tuning AccessPORT
So the car is ordered right, well, it sucks having to wait around sooo…. I guess I need to do the next best thing, look at tuner parts! So far I have been really impressed with the reviews on the products from COBB Tuning. They seem to have
- Monitor OEM sensor data on-the-fly. Use the AccessPORT as an additional gauge to monitor data directly from the ECU.
- Record multiple data channels simultaneously for in-depth evaluation of engine performance. Stores up to 10 hours
- Changes can be made to the map in realtime, while the engine is running. Greatly speeds up the tuning process and allows quick changes to powerful features like Launch Control, Flat Foot Shift and map switching.
- Set RPM threshold for performance launching the car from a stop. Builds boost and generates instantaneous horsepower off the line.
- View Instantaneous, Average or Accumulated Average fuel economy in realtime on the AccessPORT screen.
- The AccessPORT is unique in the tuning world as it gives the user the ability to control exciting ECU functions from a hand-held device.
- Read engine trouble codes to diagnose issues. Clear them when resolved. Prevent expensive trips to the dealership.
- Store up to 100 maps in the AccessPORT. Change maps whenever you want and be ready for any situation.
Plus one of the coolest features in one of the programming maps is Valet Mode, to restrict the overall performance so someone doesn’t take your car joy riding when you are away. The COBB site feedback on the product looks pretty good. If anyone has used the AccessPort, I would love to hear your feedback, good or bad.
Put I am going to put this item top of my purchase list once I have the car, and will do a formal review of it then. Counting down the days!